Search This Blog

You may have a different view on the Subject, so your Comments will help me think differently.

You may have a different view on the Subject, so your Comments will help me think differently.
Catch me anytime with a click at the above logo. Read what I Write & Share what you Like

Translate

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Teenage thoughts

My childhood dream was to be a Poet.
You will never know how difficult it was then, to write a poem, and how easy it was to be rejected.
I did approach Kamala Das, who was then associated with a Youth magazine. She read all my submissions, and said
"Roy, you will never be a poet".
With this died a dream like many others...............   



Recently I found some papers in my attic, and thought why not publish them here. So what if Ms Das rejected them, at least I can rejoice in having them published here. All poems were written in my teens.
The Poet in me died then.
Long live the Poet.



Life

Why is life so very tense.
We always have to sit on the fence.

And every time we tend to relax,
someone is out there to collect his tax.

Why are our lives such a bore,
we never know who lives next door.

We save on things, that will never be spent
And nurture plans, that see no end.

Nightmare

I live my days, waiting dearly for the night
But cruel night keeps me awake
I suffer in silence, waiting eagerly for dawn

I rise, for my hour has come
to labour another sleepless night.

Lonely Me


Milder than those I have met
It was when I heard
Laughter, resonate my Chords
Deep Down, while I tried to
Read her eyes, and
Even before, I could analyse her,She had
Departed "Sans Adios"

Life Again


Life is an awakening, in the midst of sleep.
Sleepers sleep,
Unmindful of the world about them

Sweet is this Sleep,Sweeter than the Sound.
Disturb me not in this soulful slumber
Let me be lost into the night.

The Fallen One

Condemned, rejected, Trampled upon
In bloom yesterday, admired by surging crowds

A tender bud not yet in life
Plucked at dawn, to add life to another 

Gathering dust, dismantled in today's storm
When shall I see life in it fullest form.

Look Within



When you think you have lived and done No wrong
Look within and hear that song. 

Hear the words for you that are penned
And understand with care the message meant.

When you think you are the final word
Check if what you said is what you heard. 

You may fool the rest as you walk your way
But if you can resonate the words heard and sway

You have lived your life with just my friend
and be at peace until the end.

How did it all Start


Where do I begin

How did it all Start
When did I Miss the Beat
When did I realize you were my Heart

Yours is the Sound I'd like to break my Dawn

Yours is the Touch I'd like at Midnight

Will you be there when the lights turn dim

Will you be there when my head has to rest
Will you be there for me my love 

Flirting in the Dark


By Nature I maybe Gregarious,

but flirt no way,
Not with another's wife..
But
if the attraction persists
may fall in love
after all
it's only a heart
the only one I have
could never think 
you would walk away with it 
forever

Sadly...  it is the day after


The cold wind blows

Chill in the air
It is the Day after

Moments gone by

Words unsaid
It is the Day after

A table laid for two

None there but you
It is the Day after

We shall meet

I do not know when
I do not know where
Let it not be said 
it is 'The day after'

No comments: